Call the nationwide Mesothelioma Helpline and speak to a medical social worker and mesothelioma lawyer. Fight for the justice you deserve and the help you need.
What is Mesothelioma?
Malignant mesothelioma is an extremely aggressive and terminal cancer in which malignant cancer cells are found in the sac that lines the chest, abdominal cavity, or heart. Asbestos exposure is the only known cause of this devastating illness.
Malignant mesothelioma, often referred to as mesothelioma or meso, is an extremely aggressive cancer in which malignant cells proliferate in the sac that surrounds the chest, abdominal cavity, or heart
What are the types of Mesothelioma?
There are three types of malignant mesothelioma:
- Epithelioid — The most common type of mesothelioma
- Sarcomatoid or fibrous — also called fibrous mesothelioma
- Mixed — also known as biphasic mesothelioma, since both epithelioid and sarcomatoid cells are involved
Types of Mesothelioma
There are several forms of mesothelioma. The specific diagnosis is made based upon the shape of the cells.
- Epithelioid – most common, accounts for 50% – 70% of all meso diagnoses
- Sarcomatoid or fibrous – 7% – 20% of all meso diagnoses
- Mixed type or biphasic – 20% – 35% of mesos contain both epithelioid and sarcomatoid cells.
Cities With The Highest Mesothelioma Fatalities
- Los Angeles,
What are the most important states?
Maryland, Illinois, Pennsylvania, California, Washington , New York, Florida and Arizona, The highest mesothelioma fatalities are in Los Angeles, Chicago and Philadelphia.
What are the Symptoms of Mesothelioma?
Mesothelioma symptoms are often mistaken for less serious ailments, which often delays treatment. Many patients show no symptoms at all for a long period of time. Asbestos-related diseases have a very long latency period – up to 30 to 50 years. This means that people exposed to asbestos many decades ago may just now develop the disease. Symptoms may include:
- Short of breath or difficulty breathing
- a persistent cough, and/or
- chest pain
- back pain
- lack of appetite
How can we Help You?[/jcolumns]
Not all meso victims are men. The wives and sometimes the children of men who worked with or around asbestos are often diagnosed with mesothelioma. They were exposed in their own homes when husband or dad brought the asbestos dust home on their clothing. The wives would shake out the husbands’ dusty work clothes and wash them.
What are the main work environments where this is found
- Enclosed, poorly ventilated and dusty work spaces
- Any place where hot water, steam, or fire is involved
- Boiler Rooms
- Construction Jobsites
- Residential Construction – individual homes, duplexes, apartments
- Commercial Construction – shopping malls, office buildings, etc.
- Industrial Construction – refineries
- Auto and Brake Mechanic Businesses
- Brake shops
- Shade tree mechanics
- Industrial Jobsites
- Boiler Rooms
- Steam Pipes
- HVAC Jobsites
- Military – all branches
- Ships – boiler rooms, engine rooms, steam pipes
- Bases – barracks, office buildings
- Airforce – aircraft engines
- Motor Pools
Get help for mesothelioma if you are a veteran.
Why is it important to hire an experienced mesothelioma lawyer?
It is important to hire an experienced mesothelioma lawyer:
· in order to obtain the maximum financial award;
· because you want someone who is knowledgeable in the area of asbestos and mesothelioma and can help you build a strong case;
· because you want someone who is knowledgeable in successfully trying a mesothelioma case;
· because you want someone who is aware of the value of your case and won’t take less than that to settle.
Important Mesothelioma Alert
To be eligible for a Mesothelioma, asbestos related lawsuit or settlement you or a family member must have a diagnosis of mesothelioma or you must have lost a loved one due to mesothelioma.
What are the mesothelioma city and state hotspots?
States where there is a large retirement population, such as Florida and Arizona, will have a high incidence of mesothelioma diagnosis.
States that had/have large industrial industries (like oil and gas). States including Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, California
Coastal states with large shipping ports or naval stations including but not limited to Washington state (Bremerton, Everett),California (Los Angeles, Alameda, San Francisco), Maryland, Newport News
Mesothelioma Helpline in all 50 States including the following cities New York, Los Angeles, Almeda, Chicago, Houston, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, Dallas, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Albuquerque, Anaheim, Anchorage, Austin, Baltimore, Billings, Boston, Cleveland, Detroit, Denver, Charlotte, Columbus, Cincinnati, Fort Worth, Honolulu, Indianapolis, Iowa City, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Minneapolis, Memphis, Mesa, Miami, Milwaukee, Nashville, New Orleans, Omaha, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Portland, Riverside, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, Sacramento, Seattle, St. Paul, San Jose, Tulsa, Virginia Beach, Washington D.C., Wichita,